You may have noticed that these past two weeks have been devoted to the fabulous Jennifer L Armentrout. This is because Jennifer’s debut novel is hitting the bookstore shelves on October 18th!
You can take a look at Half-blood teasers here, or check out her next novel, Pure, here. On Friday I will be posting my review for the debut novel and on Saturday I’ll have some news to smile about.
But because Jennifer is so fabulous she was willing to do a really quick interview with me about Half-Blood for today’s post…
1. What name do you prefer to be called by?
I prefer Jennifer or Awesome Author Ever. Haha.
2. How long did it take you to write this book?
It can literally take me anywhere from 8 days to 3 months to a write a book. It all depends on the characters. plot an story.
3. How many drafts do you go through?
Before submission, about 2-3.
4. When do you write best, in the morning or night?
At night usually.
5. Typewriter, laptop, or pen & paper?
6. What do you drink or eat while you write?
Sometimes I eat dinner while writing, depending on if I’m on a time line.
7. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what kind?
I like to listen to music when writing fight scenes, to get into the kickass mode.
8. What do you wear when you write?
LOL. That is a different question. Whatever I put on that morning.
9. How do you plot? By chapter or an overall synopsis? Do you use detailed outlines?
Page by page. No outlines whatsoever
10. Who is the first person who gets to read your manuscript?
Julie Fedderson, usually. She’s my first crit partner that gets to read everything
11. What did you do immediately after hearing that you were being published for the very first time?
Smiled. Then told my husband.
12. What’s on your nightstand right now?
13. Did you always want to be a writer?
Yes, as cliche as that sounds.
14. What is the best gift someone could give a writer?
Time alone, lol
15. What is the best advice someone could give a writer?
Never give up and keep writing.
16. What is one random thing most people don’t know about you?
I hate interstates.
For more FAQ, be sure to check out Jennifer’s website here.